- livchan.cn
- 儒勒·凡尔纳(Jules Verne) 繁体
Then it reappeared on the other side of the ship, either by circling around us or bygliding under our hull. 不久它又在战舰的另一边出现了,可能是绕过来的,也可能是从船底下潜水过来的。
At any instant a collision could have occurred that would have been fatal to us.
时时刻刻,都有可能给我们致命的打击。
Meanwhile I was astonished at the frigate's maneuvers. It was fleeing, not fighting.
可是我们的战舰的行动使我莫名其妙。它在逃,并不去攻击。
Built to pursue, it was being pursued, and I commented on this to Commander Farragut.
它本应该追逐怪物的,现在反而被追逐了,我于是向法拉古舰长提出意见。
His face, ordinarily so emotionless, was stamped with indescribable astonishment.
法拉古舰长的面孔,通常是很冷静的,现在却显得万分慌张。
Professor Aronnax, he answered me, I don't know what kind of fearsome creature I'm up against, and I don't want my frigate running foolish risks in all this darkness.
阿龙纳斯先生,他回答我,我没摸清楚我所要对付的这怪物到底厉害到什么程度,我不愿意在这么一片黑暗中,随便让战舰去冒险。
Besides, how should we attack this unknown creature, how should we defend ourselves against it?
再说,怎样来攻击这个神秘东西呢,又怎样来防御这东西呢?
Let's wait for daylight, and then we'll play a different role.
我们等到天亮,情况便不同了。
You've no further doubts, commander, as to the nature of this animal?
舰长,您现在对于这个动物的性质没有什么疑惑了吗?
No, sir, it's apparently a gigantic narwhale, and an electric one to boot.
没有疑惑了,先生,明明白白,这是一条巨大的独角鲸,同时又是一条带电的独角鲸。