复原 纸纹 护眼

Just then, as if to take my side in the argument, a bubbling began astern of this strange submersible 这时候,好像是为了要证明我的论据是对的,这个奇异东西的后面沸腾起来,

whose drive mechanism was obviously a propeller-and the boat started to move.

它现在开行了,推动它的分明是那推进器。

We barely had time to hang on to its topside, which emerged about eighty centimeters above water.

我们赶快紧紧把住它那浮出水面约八十厘米的上层。

Fortunately its speed was not excessive.

还算运气,它的速度并不十分快。

So long as it navigates horizontally, Ned Land muttered, I've no complaints.

它如果就这样在水平面上行驶,我倒一点不在乎,尼德·兰低声说,

But if it gets the urge to dive, I wouldn't give 2.00 for my hide!

但是,如果它忽然异想天开沉到水底下去,那我的性命就靠不住了!

The Canadian might have quoted a much lower price.

加拿大人说得一点不错。

So it was imperative to make contact with whatever beings were confined inside the plating of this machine.

所以,最要紧的是赶快想办法跟里面的人取得联系。

I searched its surface for an opening or a hatch, a manhole,

我想在它上层找到一个开口,一块盖板,用专门术语来说,找到一个人孔;

to use the official term; but the lines of rivets had been firmly driven into the sheet-iron joins and were straight and uniform.

但一行行的螺丝钉很清楚、很均匀,把钢板衔接得十分结实,无缝可寻。

名著精选