- livchan.cn
- 儒勒·凡尔纳(Jules Verne) 繁体
Ned my friend, you're a slayer of fish, a highly skilled fisherman. You've caught a large number of these fascinating animals.
尼德·兰老朋友,不错,您是千个打鱼手,一个很能干的渔夫。您曾经捕捉过许多这些很有趣味的动物。
But I'll bet you don't know how they're classified.
不过我可以跟您打赌,您不知道人们怎样把它们分类。
Sure I do, the harpooner replied in all seriousness. They're classified into fish we eat and fish we don't eat!
我知道,鱼叉手很正经地回答,人们把它们分为可吃的鱼类和不可吃的鱼类!
Spoken like a true glutton, Conseil replied. But tell me, are you familiar with the differences between bony fish and cartilaginous fish?
这是讲究吃喝的人的一种分类法,康塞尔回答,请您告诉我,您知道硬骨鱼类和软骨鱼类之间存在的差别吗?
Just maybe, Conseil.
康塞尔,我可能知道。
And how about the subdivisions of these two large classes?
您知道这两大组鱼类的小分类吗?
I haven't the foggiest notion, the Canadian replied.
我想我不至于不知道。加拿大人回答。
All right, listen and learn, Ned my friend! Bony fish are subdivided into six orders.
尼德·兰老朋友,好吧,请您听我说,情您好好地记下来吧!硬骨鱼类可分为六目。
Primo, the acanthopterygians, whose upper jaw is fully formed and free-moving, and whose gills take the shape of a comb.
第一目是硬鳍鱼,上鳃是完:整的,能动的,鳃作梳子形。
This order consists of fifteen families, in other words, three-quarters of all known fish. Example: the common perch.
这一目共有十五科,就是说,包括已经知道的鱼类的四分之三。这目的类型是:普通鲫鱼。
Pretty fair eating, Ned Land replied.
相当好吃的鱼。尼德兰回答。
Secundo, Conseil went on, the abdominals, whose pelvic fins hang under the abdomento the rear of the pectorals but aren't attached to the shoulder bone,
康塞尔又说:第二目是腹鳍鱼,腹鳍是垂在肚腹下面和在胸绪后边,而不是长在肩骨上;
an order that's divided into five families and makes up the great majority of freshwater fish. Examples: carp, pike.
这一目分为五科,包括大部分的淡水鱼。这目的类型是:鲤鱼、雄鱼。
Ugh! the Canadian put in with distinct scorn. You can keep the freshwater fish!
呸!加拿大人带着看不起的神气说,淡水鱼!
Tertio, Conseil said, the subbrachians, whose pelvic fins are attached under the pectorals and hang directly from the shoulder bone.
第三目是副鳍鱼,康塞尔说,腹鳍是接在胸鳝的下面和挂在肩骨上。
This order contains four families. Examples: flatfish such as sole, turbot, dab, plaice, brill, etc.
这一目共有四科。类型是:蝶鱼、比目鱼、鞋底鱼、大比目鱼等。
Excellent, really excellent! the harpooner exclaimed, interested in fish only from an edibleviewpoint.
美味好吃的鱼!美味好吃的鱼!鱼叉手喊,他只是从口味的观点来看鱼类。