- livchan.cn
- 儒勒·凡尔纳(Jules Verne) 繁体
What it meant I was unable to say.
这话是什么意思,那我可说不上来。
These words pronounced, the chief officer went below again. I thought the Nautilus was about to resume its underwater navigating.
说了这句话之后,船副又下到船舱去了。我想诺第留斯号又要潜入海底航行了。
So I went down the hatch and back through the gangways to my stateroom.
所以我走回嵌板边,穿过狭长的过道,回到我的房中。
Five days passed in this way with no change in our situation. Every morning I climbed onto the platform.
这样过了五天,情形一点没有改变。每天早晨,我走上平台。
The same phrase was pronounced by the same individual. Captain Nemo did not appear.
听到同样的人说出同样的话。尼摩船长仍然没有露面。
I was pursuing the policy that we had seen the last of him, when on November 16, while reentering my stateroom with Ned and Conseil, I found a note addressed to me on the table.
我不再指望见他了。到了11月16比我跟尼德·兰和康塞尔回到我房中的时候,看见桌上有一封给我的信。
I opened it impatiently. It was written in a script that was clear and neat but a bit Old English in style, its characters reminding me of German calligraphy.
我拿过信来,立刻把信拆开。信上的字体写得清楚…很干净,但带一点古体,使人想起是有些像德文字体。
The note was worded as follows:
这信的内容如下:
Professor Aronnax Aboard the Nautilus November 16, 1867
送交诺第留斯号船上的阿龙纳斯教授 1867年11月16日
Captain Nemo invites Professor Aronnax on a hunting trip that will take place tomorrow morning in his Crespo Island forests.
尼摩船长邀请阿龙纳斯教授出去打猎,这次打猎定于明天早晨在克利斯波岛的林中举行。
He hopes nothing will prevent the professor from attending, and he looks forward with pleasure to the professor's companions joining him.
船长希望他没有什么亭,能来参加,同时也很高兴他的同伴能跟他一道来。
CAPTAIN NEMO,Commander of the Nautilus.
诺第留斯号船长尼摩
A hunting trip! Ned exclaimed.
打猎! 尼德·兰喊道。
And in his forests on Crespo Island! Conseil added.
在克利斯波岛的林中!康塞尔加上一句。
But does this mean the old boy goes ashore? Ned Land went on.
这个怪人要到陆地上去吗?尼德·兰又说。
That seems to be the gist of it, I said, rereading the letter.
在我看来,信中是说得清清楚楚的。我再看了下信
Well, we've got to accept! the Canadian answered. Once we're on solid ground, we'll figure out a course of action.
那么,一定要接受邀请,加拿大人说,我们该怎么办,到了陆地上就知道了。
Besides, it wouldn't pain me to eat a couple slices of fresh venison!
此外我也很高兴能吃到几块新鲜的野味。