- livchan.cn
- 儒勒·凡尔纳(Jules Verne) 繁体
I sat up in bed, listening in the darkness, and then was suddenly hurled into the middle of my stateroom.
我立即起来坐在床上,黑暗里细心听,这时候,我突然被抛到房子中间去。
Apparently the Nautilus had gone aground, then heeled over sharply.
很显然,诺第留斯号是在碰上什么后,发生了很厉害的倾斜了。
Leaning against the walls, I dragged myself down the gangways to the lounge, whose ceiling lights were on.
我靠着墙板,沿着墙到走廊,从走廊慢慢到客厅,厅里面有天花板上的灯光照得通明。
The furniture had been knocked over.
桌倚家具都翻倒了。
Fortunately the glass cases were solidly secured at the base and had stood fast.
很运气,那些玻璃柜下部钉得结实,没有倒下来。
Since we were no longer vertical, the starboard pictures were glued to the tapestries, while those to port had their lower edges hanging a foot away from the wall.
船左舷挂的图画,由于垂直线转移,都贴在绣花挂毡上,挂在右舷上,下西的框缘离开一英尺远,
So the Nautilus was lying on its starboard side, completely stationary to boot.
诺第留斯号是靠右舷倒下来,并且完全不动了。
In its interior I heard the sound of footsteps and muffled voices.
在船内部,我听到脚步的声响和嘈杂的人声。
But Captain Nemo didn't appear. Just as I was about to leave the lounge, Ned Land and Conseil entered.
但尼摩船长没有出来。我正要离开客厅的时候,尼德·兰和康塞尔进来了。
What happened? I instantly said to them.
“发生什么事了?我立即问他们。
I came to ask master that, Conseil replied.
“我正来问先生呢。”康塞尔回答。
Damnation! the Canadian exclaimed. I know full well what happened!
“怪呀!”加拿大人喊,“我很知道这事!
The Nautilus has gone aground, and judging from the way it's listing, I don't think it'll pull through like that first time in the Torres Strait.
诺第留斯号碰上什么了,从它躺下的情况来判断,我想这一次不象上一次在托列斯海峡中,它不能脱身了。”
But, I asked, are we at least back on the surface of the sea?
“不过,”我问,“它至少是回到水面上来了吧?”
We have no idea, Conseil replied.
“我不知道。”康塞尔回答。
It's easy to find out, I answered.
“这事很容易确定。”我说。
I consulted the pressure gauge. Much to my surprise, it indicated a depth of 360 meters.
我看压力表,我非常惊异,表指着三百六十米深的水层。
What's the meaning of this? I exclaimed.
“这是怎么说呢?”我喊。